Everyone knows that vegetables are one of the best foods in terms of weight loss. They are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other vital substances, and they help the body function well to be able to burn fat and remove unnecessary substances.
Celery is a perfect example of a weight loss vegetable. It is low in calories, does not contain any fat and has a high nutritional value, so it stimulates several body functions, making weight loss easier.
Many people do not yet know the properties and benefits of celery in terms of weight loss, and we want to share the most essential details about its composition. We will also tell you how you can make celery tea yourself.
The nourishing properties of celery
One of the most important properties of celery is that it consists of 90-95% water. This makes it one of the most low calorie vegetables. It contains only 16 calories per 100 grams.
This also makes it one of the most easily digestible vegetables and one of the best options for hydrating the body and nourishing cells.
Celery also has anti-inflammatory properties that can prevent stomach inflammation and other types of inflammations that affect joint and muscle health.
It is also rich in vital nutrients such as:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B9, and C.
- Minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and iron.
- Important amino acids.
Due to the nutritional value and high water content of celery, eating it may be the best decisions for all types of diets.
So it’s no wonder that celery is currently one of the most sought after vegetables, both for its weight loss benefits and its medicinal uses. Making tea from celery allows for optimal utilization of all its nutrients.
Primary weight loss benefits of celery
There are numerous reasons why consuming this vegetable is beneficial for those who want to lose weight in a healthy way.
- First of all, the diuretic and cleansing properties of celery must be mentioned. These properties are due to the essential oils it contains, such as limonene, selenium and asparagine. These are found mainly in the stem and seeds of the celery, but they are also found to a small extent in its leaves.
- Due to its high water and fiber content, celery is classified as a nutrient that is effective in causing a feeling of satiety. Eating celery can make it easier to stop worrying about eating more calories than you need.
- It has antibacterial and antiviral effects that prevent different types of digestive infections and thus improve digestion.
- It is recommended to stimulate any kind of prevention of the accumulation of toxins in the main organs. It promotes the proper functioning of the body due to its powerful cleansing effect.
- When body fluids are in balance, the kidneys function better and the inflammation caused by fluid buildup is reduced.
- Celery is great for people who suffer from high cholesterol or triglycerides. Its properties help balance these values while reducing the risks of cardiovascular problems.
- It supports the digestive process by improving the absorption of nutrients and preventing problems such as gas formation, inflammation and other symptoms that affect the digestive system.
- Regular celery intake helps regulate the body’s metabolic processes, which are largely dependent on the body’s ability to remove excess fat.
- In addition to the above, it should also be noted that eating celery transmits important nutrients for the well-being of the skin, hair and eyesight.
How to make celery tea that promotes weight loss
You can enjoy celery tea either cold or hot to support your weight loss diet.
The traditional instruction only includes water and celery, but we add a little lemon juice to enhance the detox effects of the tea.
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 liter of water
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- Wash the celery stalks to make sure they are clean, and chop them.
- Boil a liter of water. When the water boils, add the chopped celery. Reduce the temperature and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you want to add ginger to the drink, add it 1-2 minutes before removing the pan from the stove.
- When the drink is ready, remove the pot from the stove and let the tea settle for 10 minutes. Strain and then add the lemon juice.
- Drink a cup before breakfast.
- Drink the remaining fluid throughout the day, either before each main meal or between meals.
- Add this tea in addition to your normal diet. However, keep in mind that the best way is to drink celery tea for 15 consecutive days, take a 15-day break, and then resume the same cycle of tea drinking and break days.
Remember, this is not a miracle drink, but its weight loss power depends largely on the lifestyle you have chosen.