Exfoliation is a cosmetic procedure that facilitates the removal of dead skin cells and other contaminants from the skin surface. Although this happens naturally about every 28 days, constant exposure to environmental toxins makes it necessary to help the skin regenerate. It is therefore a good idea to use an exfoliating agent regularly.
The lack of regular skin care prevents the necessary cellular oxidation, which results in the skin of your face and body losing its natural shine, developing a rougher surface and being more susceptible to acne.
Fortunately, there are a wide range of natural options that you can use to exfoliate your skin without having to spend large sums of money on procedures performed by professionals.
Today we want to share with you…
The six best organic exfoliators
1. Lemon peel
The grated lemon peel contains powerful antioxidants that help prevent premature skin aging and unpleasant blemishes on the skin.
Its use can reduce excessive oil production, regulate the pH balance of the skin and keep your skin pores clean and thus prevent the formation of Blackheads.
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Allow the lemon peel to dry, grate it and mix in the grated coconut and honey.
- Once you have a thick mixture, apply it to your skin using a gentle, rotating massage and leave it on for a few minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and use twice a week.
- Use this peel only in the evening to avoid the negative effects of exposure to sunlight.
2. Coffee and coconut oil
A mixture of used coffee beans and coconut oil can be used as an exfoliating treatment that also helps prevent cellulite.
It can be used on the skin of the face, but in addition, it is also recommended to be massaged on the feet and buttocks to improve blood circulation.
- 1 tablespoon of used coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Stir in the coffee grounds and coconut oil until you have a thick mixture.
- Apply it to your skin using a gentle, rotating massage motion and leave it on for two minutes.
- Rinse and use this exfoliator twice a week.
3. Oatmeal and olive oil
Oatmeal is one of the best natural ways to peel off dead skin cells that negatively affect the condition of your skin.
Its cleansing properties remove impurities from the skin pores and help you retain natural moisture and thus prevent dry skin.
We recommend combining oat flakes with olive oil to enhance their moisturizing and revitalizing effect. If you have oily skin, you can replace the olive oil with milk or rose water.
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Soak the oatmeal in a small amount of water and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rub the mixture on your skin using a gentle, rotating massage motion and leave it on your skin for five minutes.
- Rinse and use up to three times a week.
4. Cinnamon and honey
From a combination of these two ingredients, you can make a product that thoroughly cleanses your skin and promotes better blood circulation.
Antioxidant and emollient compounds prevent the formation of premature wrinkles and support the treatment of various skin problems such as pregnancy scars and varicose veins.
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of pure honey
- Make a mixture of these two ingredients and apply it using a gentle, rotating massage to the area you want to peel.
- Leave this exfoliator to act for five minutes, rinse, and repeat the treatment every three days.
5. Sugar and lemon
This simple combination is one of the most affordable options, and yet one of the most impressive products you can use to rejuvenate the skin of your face and other body parts.
Lemon is a powerful astringent for the skin and mucous membranes that regulates oil production while brightening patchy skin.
However, it should be used with caution as it leaves your skin exposed to sun damage.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- one lemon juice
- Stir the lemon juice into the sugar to create a moist mixture.
- Wash your face and apply the exfoliator gently.
- Leave it on for five minutes and rinse.
- Use only in the evenings, up to twice a week.
6. Salt and whipped cream
Whipped cream lactic acids help regulate the pH balance of your facial skin and remove impurities that accumulate in the skin pores.
When you combine it with salt, you get a more complete natural exfoliator that can help you remove dead skin cells and excess sebum.
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the cream and salt together and apply the product to your skin.
- Leave it on your skin for five minutes and rinse.
- Use this exfoliator 2-3 times a week.
From the options we present, choose the exfoliator that seems most appealing to you and follow our recommendations for the best results.
However, avoid exfoliating your skin too much as it can damage the skin.