Migraine is one of the most common health problems. Many suffer from migraines every day, and this condition produces great discomfort as the pain is very severe. In addition, the patient may vomit.
This unbearable headache can start at any time of the day. Migraines can make it impossible to do normal everyday things.
This time we want to tell you the basics about migraines as well as tell you about natural treatments so you can help get rid of migraines at home.
What causes a migraine?
Here are some of the most common causes of migraines, although there are many other possible causes:
- Consumption of caffeine, sodium glutamate-rich foods or nitrate-rich meats.
- Heat and changes in atmospheric pressure, especially low pressure.
- Strong odors.
- Harmful habits such as drinking alcohol and smoking.
- In many cases, lack of sleep or even too much sleep can cause a migraine.
People with migraines need to keep their diet and lifestyle healthy so that they can prevent and alleviate this very disturbing problem as effectively as possible. The use of fatty foods or substances that the body does not tolerate or process properly (alcohol or drugs) damages the body and often causes irreparable damage.
In terms of duration, migraine can be defined as chronic or episodic. A person has a chronic migraine if they have symptoms for more than 15 days a month for more than three months. Episodic migraines occur about three times a week.
Now, then, we talk about a migraine aura that develops even before severe pain. Here are some symptoms:
- Visual disturbances, such as tube vision, flashes of light, and photosensitivity, are common in migraine sufferers .
- You may also notice blind spots or see stars or serrated lights.
- Sensitivity in the limbs, such as tingling or numbness.
- Numbness in the tongue or difficulty speaking.
- drowsiness or drowsiness
- difficulty concentrating
Three natural treatments for migraines
First, you should see a doctor as soon as you notice the above symptoms, as each patient needs their own kind of treatment.
We also provide three natural treatments for migraines that help reduce migraines by their name by natural means. They are the perfect addition to any other treatment prescribed to you.
1. Ginger and lemon
Ginger contains an active ingredient called gingerol, from which it derives its ability to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. This effect and the nutrients contained in lemon effectively help to relax blood vessels, and therefore this treatment works to control severe headaches.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- Juice of half a lemon
- Boil the water, and when it boils, add the ginger and leave the pot to heat for another two minutes.
- Take the drink off the stove, and add the lemon. Let the liquid be.
- We recommend consuming the stew warm 2-3 times a day.
2. Chamomile and honey
The pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects of chamomile flower are helpful in relieving the tension caused by migraines. Chamomile improves blood circulation, and by improving cellular oxidation, it reduces the inflammation caused by headaches.
- 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers
- 1 cup water
- ½ tablespoons honey
- Heat the water in which the chamomile flowers are until it boils.
- Remove the pan from the stove and allow the liquid to cool.
- Strain and sweeten your drink with a tablespoon of honey.
- We recommend consuming this drink twice a day warm.
3. Balsam herb in a brew
Balsam herb is not as common a plant as the others we present, but it is nonetheless a pain relieving and soothing product. It is able to reduce the severe pain caused by migraines. The best thing about this plant for migraines is that you can enjoy it every now and then as a preventative treatment.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic herb
- Heat the water and when it boils, add the balsamic herb and let it simmer.
- We recommend consuming this drink warm and before each meal.
Migraines usually get worse when a person is physically active. That’s why resting is absolutely paramount when you want to relieve a migraine.