Many products are sold in stores to help lighten hair, but the chemicals they contain can damage the hair. In some cases, the damage may be irreversible. In addition, many tend to dye their hair several times a year, causing even more inconvenience.
Have you ever wondered how hair can be bleached without damaging it?
In this article, we look at some natural products that can make hair stay lighter for longer. This reduces the need to use aggressive products.
How to lighten hair without damaging it?
The hair is divided into three layers.
- The cuticle, or surface layer, is made up of cells made up of keratin. It is responsible for protecting the inner layers of the hair and affects the shine and color of the hair.
- The cortex forms the inner part of the hair, being about 70% of its mass. The rest consists of keratinized cells.
- Medulla or core layer. This is the core part of the hair that contains the natural pigments and sebum of the sebaceous glands. It is porous and gives the hair their composition.
Hair bleaching is a process in which the color of the hair pigment is reduced. The combination of oxidized water and bleach releases active oxygen and attacks the pigment, making it lighter.
The final result depends on the original pigment in the hair. To heavily darken dark brown hair, the bleach must be applied a few different times.
As you know, bleaching hair with chemical products is an aggressive process for hair. Proceed with caution as it may have harmful consequences in the future or even at the time of use. The more bleach you use, the more harm it can cause.
This will allow you to lighten your hair naturally
Bleaching the hair naturally without damaging it is possible e.g. using the methods listed below. In addition, the hair looks more shiny and vibrant after treatment.
1. Bleaching with chamomile
Chamomile is one of the most commonly used products for hair bleaching, which is why we are now showing it first. Lemon is also a bleaching agent and can be used in combination with chamomile. The method is very simple.
- Boil about five deces of water in a saucepan.
- When the water boils, add a tea bag of chamomile.
- Then put the liquid in the freezer to allow it to cool quickly.
- When the liquid is cold, add half a lemon juice.
Apply the mixture to damp hair with a spray bottle and leave on for about 20 minutes. Do this at least twice a week to get the results you want.
To make the results stronger, add chamomile extract to the shampoo. This will prolong the whitening effect daily in the shower. Products containing chamomile extract are also sold in stores.
2. Hair mask from lemon, egg and beer
- First whisk the egg whites to a froth.
- Add some desi non-alcoholic beer to it.
- Mix the ingredients together with a wooden spoon and then add the lemon.
Apply the mask to damp hair, gently massaging and leaving on for about 20 minutes. Rinse off with plenty of water. You can do this treatment twice a week.
Yes, beer is also suitable for hair!
3. Lighten your hair with apple cider vinegar and honey
One way to lighten hair without damaging it is with apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Put the pot on the stove to medium heat and add water and two tablespoons of honey.
- When the water starts to boil, add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and let the mixture warm for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and place the liquid in the refrigerator.
Apply the mixture to the hair when it has cooled down. Dry the hair with a hair dryer by heat blowing to promote absorption. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse with plenty of water, just as with other methods.
After bleaching, remember to pay special attention to hair protection. This way they stay shiny and gorgeous.