Kiwi is a fruit originally native to China and is now grown around the world. Kiwi is low in calories, high in fiber, and vitamins and minerals that are good for your health.
In addition, kiwi strengthens immunity and helps balance the diet. Eating kiwi daily gives the body almost all the vitamins it needs. And that’s not all, as the antioxidants in kiwi protect the body’s cells from aging and cellular changes that cause visible signs of aging, as well as a variety of diseases. Ingestion of kiwi during pregnancy, in turn, prevents the fetus from developing difficulties and keeps the uterus healthy with folic acid.
Now that you know what all kiwis can do for your health, try these kiwi legs!
1. Banana, apple and kiwi
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 kiwis
- 3 red apples
- 200 ml of milk
- honey, sugar or sweetener (optional)
- Peel a banana, kiwi and apples, and remove the apple seeds. Chop the fruit and fold in a blender.
- Mix the drink evenly with milk, sweeten and enjoy cold.
2. Spinach and kiwi
- 2 medium-sized kiwis
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 200 ml of cold soy milk
- honey or sweetener (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Peel the kiwi and rinse the spinach well before use.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a splash of more soy milk.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle with Chia seeds on top before serving.
3. Pineapple, orange, coconut and kiwi
- Two slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 medium kiwi
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 100 ml of pineapple juice
- water as needed
- ice cubes
- honey or sugar for sweetening (optional)
- Peel a kiwi and orange.
- Cut pineapple, kiwi and orange into pieces – this makes it easier to mix the drink.
- Let the coconut wait, and add all the other ingredients to the blender. Stir into a steady drink by gradually adding a pinch of water to the drink.
- Strain the drink and add sweetness with honey or sugar.
- Serve cold with ice cubes, add a spoonful of coconut to the surface of the drink and enjoy.
4. Detox smoothie
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1 apple
- 1 medium kiwi
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- half lime juice
- 1 slice of ginger
- walnuts or other nuts to your liking
- Start making the drink by peeling the kiwi and rinsing the spinach thoroughly.
- Chop the cucumber, apple and kiwi in a blender, add the spinach, lime juice and ginger.
- Stir evenly and add the crushed nuts to the surface of the drink.
5. Papaya and kiwi
- 100 grams of fresh papaya
- 1 kiwi
- water as needed
- ice for serving
- Peel a papaya and remove its seeds, chop.
- Peel a squash, grate it and add it to the blender.
- Stir the drink evenly and add a drop of water to obtain a flowable composition.
- You can add ice cubes to the blender or add them directly to the serving glasses.
Keep this in mind when making kiwi fruit
Try all the recipes mentioned above and find your own favorite! You can also try different fruit combinations with kiwi and add protein powder or other supplements to the smoothie. Each of the smoothies in this article is a healthy snack or addition to a breakfast, for example, and provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that provide energy throughout the day.
If you want sweetening for smoothies, replace the sugar with honey or stevia, or if the sugars in the fruit are enough, you can omit the extra sweetening altogether.
Remember that these drinks are not a substitute for meals and are not suitable as a substitute for breakfast, for example. Your body needs a lot of nutrients from a long sleep, and a fruit smoothie is not enough to restore your body’s energy stores after a night.
Be sure to enjoy smoothies as part of a healthy, varied diet that includes vegetables, whole grains, protein, and carbohydrates in addition to fruits — all of which are important for your body to function effectively and stay healthy.
If you are planning a holistic dietary change, talk to your doctor or nutritionist.