Dried plums are among the dried fruits, as they have lost much of their liquid content and a dry and wrinkled, dark-colored fruit remains.
Despite its dry appearance and wrinkled appearance, it is a tasty and sweet fruit. For this reason, prunes are used in many different recipes and pastries.
These small fruits are rich in e.g. the following nutrients:
- Vitamins (E, folic acid, K and C)
Prunes contain great health properties.
Dried plums are a natural laxative
This is perhaps the best known benefit of prunes. This property is due to the sorbitol they contain.
Sorbitol has laxative effects that promote intestinal motility. For this reason, prunes are a great natural treatment for constipation.
Above all, they are ideal for women, as the female intestinal tract becomes more easily blocked.
- 8 It is enough to eat prunes or drink plum juice. The juice has the same effect as the fruit itself, but it is easier to enjoy.
Plum juice can be made e.g. in the following manner:
- 8 prunes
- 1 liter of water
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Put the plums in a liter of water and soak them overnight.
- The next morning, put the plums and water in a blender and stir for a couple of minutes.
- You can add water and, if desired, 1-2 tablespoons of honey for sweetening.
Plenty of energy
Prunes are a great source of energy, especially for athletes, as they are high in sugar.
They are a great snack between meals if you are feeling physically or mentally tired.
Antioxidant mask for the skin
Dried plums are rich in vitamin E, which benefits the skin and prevents wrinkles.
- Eating more prunes a day will give your skin antioxidants that benefit you. Plums can also be made into a face mask to complement your skin care routine.
Below is an example of a plum mask:
- 2-3 prunes
- Milk (as needed)
- Mix the plums and a small amount of milk into a creamy liquid.
- Using a cotton ball, apply it lightly on the face and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
This mask helps remove pimples, wrinkles and blemishes and reduces the effects of oily skin.
Thanks to its laxative effect, fiber and low calorie content, prunes are an ideal diet for weight loss. Eating them gives a feeling of satiety and helps to avoid consuming excessive calories and carbohydrates.
In addition, they help cleanse the body and metabolize sugars and fats more efficiently.
Eat 100 g of prunes daily for about two weeks. This has a great effect on weight loss.
Holes and gingivitis
The mouth is one of the places that bacteria can easily reach. In addition to brushing your teeth and using mouthwash, it is good to know which foods help prevent cavities and other oral diseases such as gingivitis.
Dried plums control the development of holes and prevent the growth of bacteria, as they contain a triterpenoid compound that protects teeth.
Because of this and the benefits mentioned earlier, prunes are a type of food that is worth eating on a daily basis. They protect the body, help clean the mouth and promote the condition of the skin.
While prunes are an excellent diet, it is important not to overeat them. It is best to seek the advice of a nutritionist, as each person is different and reacts differently.
If eaten in excess, prunes can cause e.g. the following side effects:
- Elevated blood sugar
- Dependence on laxatives
So keep in mind that while there are many benefits to these fruits, over-eating them can be harmful.