Looking for something to speed up your hair growth? In that case, it is good for you to know that many herbs and spices are successful in promoting hair growth.
Although the following ingredients are commonly used in the kitchen, many of them are also utilized in conventional beauty products.
In this article, we present some treatments you can try at home to enhance your hair growth. They are easy and affordable!
Promoting hair growth with herbs and spices
1. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are commonly used in Asian cuisine. They activate hormones related to hair follicle health, meaning they can help promote hair growth.
Of course, these seeds can be included in the diet, but they can also be used in the following hair mask:
- 90 g of clover seeds
- 2.5 dl of water
- honey (optional)
- Put the seeds in water in a glass container and let the mixture stand overnight.
- The next morning, stir in a blender and add a tablespoon of honey if desired.
- Mix well and apply the paste to the scalp and hair.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with cool water.
You can repeat this process once a week. You will notice the change quickly. Sarviapila seeds can be purchased at grocery stores and health food stores that specialize in Asian food.
Coriander is one of the best known herbs for promoting hair growth. Both its leaves and roots have great stimulating properties.
Here are several alternative ways to use coriander to promote hair growth – choose the one that works best for you!
This is the perfect choice for those who want the easiest and least time consuming option.
You can wash your hair with coriander water daily. Try using it after shampooing when your hair is already clean.
- 1 liter of hot water
- 5 branches of coriander
- Put the washed coriander in hot water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove the coriander and strain the water.
- Finally, rinse your hair with this lukewarm water.
If you have more time or if your hair is particularly long, you may want to try this second method. This mask is specifically designed to combat dry scalp and dandruff while promoting hair growth.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 60 g coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- Mix all the ingredients together into a uniform paste.
- Apply to clean hair with a brush.
- Rub gently in a circular motion and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water (or previous coriander water).
Styling oil from coriander and grape seed oil
If your hair is longer and you need an alternative suitable for everyday use, try this styling oil. You can use it instead of a normal styling product.
- 3 branches of coriander
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- Heat the grape seed oil on low heat.
- When it’s hot but not boiling, take it off the stove.
- Add coriander and leave for a whole day.
- Finally Strain and store the oil in a small glass or plastic bottle.
- Always use instead of the usual styling agent if you wish.
The list of natural hair growth treatments would be incomplete without cinnamon!
In other articles, we have already talked about the benefits of cinnamon for hair. You already know that it keeps the scalp clean and healthy with very little effort.
Apply this mask and say goodbye to baldness or excessive hair loss.
- 2 teaspoons powdered cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- Mix the ingredients together and apply to the hair.
- Rub gently with circular motions all over the scalp.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
If your hair does not feel clean after rinsing, you can wash it with shampoo. Just make sure the shampoo is made from natural ingredients so that no toxins get into your hair.
4. Black rubber
Do you know how black cumin can be used? The answer is probably “no” as it is not a very commonly used spice. It is often used in Arabic food.
In any case, we recommend that you check it out. It enhances hair growth and also helps with dandruff. It also fights effectively against gray hair.
You can wear this mask once a week.
- 5 tablespoons black cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grind cumin in a mortar.
- Heat the oil.
- Combine the ingredients together and spread all over the hair.
- Leave on until the substance is completely dry, then rinse with clean water.