Orange cake stands out from the crowd as it is one of the most versatile desserts. It is practically due to the fact that there are many possibilities to make it with taste and different combinations.
Sugar cake is also such a popular recipe that it can now be made in the microwave in just 5 minutes. However, we traditionally bake this cake in the oven.
The ease of making this recipe lies in the fact that the orange cake is made using a regular yogurt jar. This cake is a sure choice anyway, because:
- It is a dessert that stays fluffy and fresh for several days.
- It can be eaten cold or warm directly from the oven when it is made with chocolate.
Ideally, it should be made in a square or rectangular pan, especially if you have a pan specifically designed for such a dessert.
It can also be prepared with any ordinary drinking glass. (Keep in mind, of course, that the amount of each ingredient will change).
Use these instructions to make an orange cake
Learn how to make a cake easily at home in just five minutes. And remember, this recipe can be applied to any cake.
All you have to do is replace the main flavor with another flavor of your choice. In this case, the main flavor is orange, but you can also replace it with, for example, lemon or chocolate.
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 3 jars of yogurt flour
- 2 jars of yogurt sugar
- 1 large orange
- 1 jar of yogurt in olive oil
- 1 pss dry yeast
- Lubricate the pan with lubrication or greaseproof paper
- Softly or strongly flavored oil to taste
Making orange sugar cake
- First empty the yoghurt jar into the bowl. The yogurt jar will be a universal measure for the ingredients of this orange cake.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grate the orange peel without the white part.
- Peel an orange and crush the fruit flesh in a separate bowl.
- In the same bowl with the yogurt, add the sugar, eggs, orange peel and oil. Mix all ingredients well.
- Then it’s time to add the flour and yeast. Strain them before adding them.
- Lubricate the pan with either your fingers or wolves and line it with parchment paper. These two steps will ensure that the cake does not stick to the pan.
- Pour the batter into a greased and tissue-lined pan and bake in a 180-degree oven for 35 minutes. Keep in mind that unevenly shaped pans should be in the oven for 5-10 minutes longer than square pans.
- Then test the maturity of the cake with a fork or toothpick: push the fork or toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. If the dough gets stuck in it, the cake should bake even longer. In that case, leave it in the oven for a few more minutes. Repeat if necessary.
- Finally, when the cake is baked, take it out of the oven. Allow it to cool slightly before removing from the pan to prevent it from breaking down.
- Now all you have to do is taste it and enjoy its excellent taste.
Candied oranges can be used to display this cake (if you are getting guests) .
- 1-2 oranges
- 1 liter of water
- 12.5 dl of sugar
- To sugar the oranges, let them soak in water mixed with 12.5 dl of sugar.
- If you want them to caramelize, put the oranges in the oven for five minutes before removing the orange cake from the oven.
As you can see, orange cake is very easy to make. Remember that you can switch the orange to chocolate or lemon if you wish. With the lemon, you should follow exactly the same method of preparation: grate and peel it. With chocolate, all you have to do is melt it in a water bath before combining it with the other ingredients to make it easier to use.
You can also add honey to the recipe.