Knee problems are very common and can occur at any age, disrupting many everyday activities. However, there are natural and healthy alternatives that help to strengthen the tendons and ligaments of the knees, improving the quality of life. In this article, we share good natural treatments for knee problems.
The knee is one of the most important joints in the body. When in good condition, it moves effortlessly and easily, allowing you to walk and run without problems. But if your knees are wearing and a lot of pain, this article will surely interest you.
First of all, you should be familiar with the function of tendons and ligaments:
- Tendons are filamentous tissue whose function is to attach muscles to bones.
- The ligaments, on the other hand, are filamentous tissue that connects different bones together to keep them stable.
According to traumatology and orthopedics experts at the Las Condes Clinic, knee pain in only one knee is most often caused by problems with the articular spiral, tendonitis, or ligament damage. In other words, it is related to a sports injury or some other physical trauma.
When both knees ache, it is usually due to, for example, an incorrect position or problems with the patella. Therefore, if you suffer from persistent or very severe pain in the knee joints, do not hesitate to consult a doctor, as none of the natural treatments suggested in this article will act as a medicine on its own.
You also need to know that tendons and ligaments need adequate nutrition; essential vitamins and minerals to stay strong. You will find all this important information in this article to improve your quality of life.
So in this article, we offer a variety of dietary options that can help prevent the deterioration of ligaments and tendons and thus avoid annoying injuries or pain.
Natural treatments for knee problems
Collagen-containing drink for strengthening ligaments and tendons
According to some studies, gelatin is an excellent source of nutrients for tendons and ligaments. Unflavoured gelatin is the healthiest because it contains more so-called “collagen protein”. In addition, this food promotes the health of nails, hair and skin.
Try the following recipe.
What do I need to make a drink?
- Ripe cooking banana
- Orange juice
- 40 g of gelatin
- 60 g of honey
- First squeeze the orange juice and the rest of the cooking banana. The banana should preferably be ripe, as it provides more nutrients.
- Prepare a smooth puree of the boiled banana and add two tablespoons of honey.
- Next, start making unsweetened gelatin. First dissolve it in water and then heat it so that it begins to solidify. Heat the orange juice separately and then add the gelatin gradually to avoid lumps.
- Now choose a good mold. Put the mixture of gelatin and orange juice in a mold and put it in the refrigerator. Wait 15-20 minutes for it to settle.
- Once it has settled, remove the mold, place the gelatin on a plate and place the boiled banana-honey puree on top of or next to it.
You probably already know that boiled bananas provide energy, they are full of proteins and carbohydrates that give refreshment to the body. When you add vitamin C to oranges, you get a “medicinal cocktail” that you should take at least twice a week.
Smoothie from oats, pineapple and cinnamon for knee problems
This smoothie is rich in magnesium, silicon, vitamin C and bromelain. The latter is obtained from pineapple and is ideally suited against the usual inflammation that usually occurs with knee problems. We recommend drinking this smoothie every morning for maximum effectiveness.
What do you need to make oat pineapple smoothies?
- 150 g of oatmeal flakes
- 250 ml of water
- pineapple juice
- orange juice
- 40 g of honey
- 7 g powdered cinnamon
- 40 g crushed almonds
- Start by boiling the water and then add the oatmeal flakes to the pan. Stir gently and allow to cook. Next, put unsweetened pineapple juice, orange juice, honey, cinnamon, crushed almonds and cooked oatmeal in a blender.
- Mix until smooth. On a hot day, you can add a few chilling ice cubes.
Natural treatments for knee problems: nettle and lemon juice
Nettle is known to be an effective treatment for gout, a common form of arthritis. Thanks to its minerals, it can help the body rebuild cartilage. The properties of lemon and nettle make this drink a great alternative for strengthening the ligaments and tendons of the knees and the whole body in general.
What do you need?
- 80 g of nettle
- One lemon juice
- A liter of water
- Bring the water to a boil first. Next, add 80 grams of nettle; it can be fresh or dried, whichever happens. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and allow to cool for a quarter.
- Strain the stew and then place it in a glass bottle. Close the bottle and let it stand for an hour. In an hour you can drink it at room temperature.
- Add a few drops of lemon and two tablespoons of honey. The taste may be strong, but with this natural sweetener, the drink is more pleasant to drink and also healthier. Be sure to drink this nettle-lemon drink three times a week to get relief from your knee aches.
Here were a few natural treatments for knee problems. With these easy recipes, you can improve the health of your ligaments and tendons somewhat, as well as strengthen your knees, making everyday chores easier. See a doctor if the pain is persistent or really bothersome.