Coughing helps keep your throat and airways clean, especially if you suffer from a bacterial or viral infection. It is a defense used by your immune system to help your body recover from the attacks on your respiratory system.
The cough can start suddenly and last for 2-3 weeks. However, it can also be chronic and cause problems for long periods of time.
The good news is that you can find a natural cure. Namely, certain drugs work in a cough-like and cough-reducing way and help reduce the severity of symptoms.
This cough medicine made from thyme and licorice is one good option. It is known for its ability to relieve congestion, sore throat and other related problems.
Next, we’ll tell you what it can do and how you can make it by following a few simple steps.
Give it a try!
A natural cough medicine
This cough medicine made from thyme and licorice has been used for many years to treat coughs and other respiratory problems.
It is an alternative treatment. Unlike commercial drugs, it does not contain chemicals or additives that may cause unwanted side effects.
There are extracts from these two plants that open your airways and help you treat your cough.
Using this cough medicine will help the cough to leave faster while moisturizing your lungs and helping to get rid of excess mucus.
Thyme benefits against cough
Thyme is a medicinal plant that has been used for thousands of years.
Because it is rich in vitamins, minerals and essential oils, it is a natural way to fight respiratory diseases.
- This herb has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that give it the ability to prevent viruses and bacteria from irritating the airways.
- It has a cough-like effect that helps your body get rid of excess mucus, meaning it brings you relief from congestion.
- Thyme nutrients support your immune system, improving its resistance to harmful external factors.
- It soothes the throat. Because it also helps with blood circulation, it can minimize headaches.
Benefits of licorice against cough
Licorice root has medicinal effects that are common around the world.
As for antioxidants, it is a natural remedy for flu and cough-like symptoms.
- Licorice is rich in vitamin C and minerals needed to strengthen resistance when the body experiences bacterial or viral attacks.
- Its anti-inflammatory and mucosal reducing properties relax the airways. It means a reduction in coughing and irritation.
- In addition, it contains ingredients that kill bacteria and prevent them from spreading and causing infections.
- It can be used for asthma, rhinitis and sore throat.
How is this cough medicine made?
Preparing this cough medicine means that you have an alternative medicine available for you for mild and chronic cough.
Even if it doesn’t make it go away right away, the cough medicine helps keep the symptoms under control.
- 500 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated licorice root
- 165 g of honey
- Wooden spoon
- Glass jar with lid
- Add water to the pot and heat with hot heat until the water boils.
- When the water boils, add the herbs and reduce the heat.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- After the mixture has cooled, strain and pour into a glass jar.
- Add the honey and stir with a wooden spoon until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Store cough medicine in a cool, dark place.
- Take 3 teaspoons of cough medicine a day.
- If your cough is severe, you can take it for 5 teaspoons a day.
- Repeat until your cough has healed.
Did you suffer from cough? Treat it safely and effectively by making this 100% natural cough medicine. If your symptoms do not go away for a long time, see your doctor to make sure you do not have any complications.