Mint, also known as menthana, green mint, and peppermint, is a plant that is used regularly in the preparation of certain dishes, primarily to give them flavor. In addition, it is also used in the manufacture of cocktails and certain medicinal beverages.
Mint, this aromatic plant, has been used in many therapeutic treatments because of its many benefits as well as its numerous health-promoting properties.
The benefits of mint
- One of the most important properties of mint is that it has anticonvulsant and carminative effects, which helps alleviate digestive problems. It is especially good for indigestion, flatulence, stomach pain or colic.
- Mint is also important in the treatment of the respiratory tract because it contains effective ingredients that act as a cough medicine.
- This herb is quite effective in treating menstrual cramps.
- Mint contains ingredients that are very effective in treating tension problems: these ingredients work by relaxing us and preventing any symptoms of tension or stress.
- Mint is very effective as an antiseptic and analgesic, which is why it is recommended for use in the treatment of injuries. How is it used? By preparing a mint extract that cleanses our wounds, it gives immediate relief from the pain and helps the wound heal faster. In addition, it is used for certain types of burns. For the treatment of burns, it is recommended to mix the extract with a small amount of olive oil; this mixture is added directly to the burn, which helps to avoid tingling and possible infection.
- This wonderful plant is very effective in eliminating bad breath because the smell of mint is very pleasant and can last all day. Menthol, one of its main ingredients, is excellent for this purpose. Also, it is very refreshing.
- To use mint, you can make a delicious and relaxing tea and drink it before bed. This will help you get a peaceful, relaxing and restorative sleep.
- Mint extracts are very good at eliminating gases that have accumulated in the digestive tract, which further helps with flatulence.
Preparation of mint extracts
The preparation of the mint extract is quite simple. The most important thing is that the leaves used for the extract should be soft and delicate.
Then boil half a liter of water, and when the water boils, add it to a cup containing mint leaves and cover for about 20 minutes.
Then strain the mixture, and you can drink your first cup of mint tea. Mint extract should be drunk three cups a day.
As can be seen, mint can be utilized in many ways, although many believe this plant is only suitable for stomach pains and cooking to provide flavor. It is important to explore and try all the wonderful benefits that medicinal plants can offer to our health. In addition, it is good to know about plants that as long as we eat them in moderation, they have no risk of nasty side effects.