Some loves last a summer or a year, and some almost a lifetime. The truth of the matter, though, is that it doesn’t matter what the duration of some relationship was, as long as it was worth it, made you happy, and left you with a memory you can cherish.
The most enriching loves — those that nourish a person and help them grow, and that grow roots inside and outside of us — are with us even when our bones ach and the years begin to weigh. Time shared together in such love never becomes old.
However, some people don’t really believe in timeless love. But almost lifelong love still exists. It certainly exists, and there are certain “secrets” to it. In the following, we will tell you more about such a long love that is not affected by time.
What makes love last for the rest of your life?
Let’s start by clarifying one very important thing. There are couples who enjoy their relationship for two, five, or ten years, and they have the same happiness that couples who have been together for the rest of their lives have.
And there are people who find their well-being and balance when they are alone. By this we mean that the truth about love is this: there are many paths to happiness, and happiness is manifested in a great variety. So there is no need to romanticize “eternal love”. All loves are different.
Love lasts as long as it is supposed to last, and it will last if both parties give it time, love, and effort. Next, let’s look at the factors that form the basis for the most stable relationships — ones that last a long time and even when wrinkles appear.
It’s not about tolerating another, it’s about building a relationship
- I’m sure at some point in your life you’ve heard someone say that when it comes to love, the most important thing is to know how to tolerate, give up, and forgive. Is not it true?
- Here, however, one must be a little careful, as “folk wisdom” can sometimes produce poor results. It is true that one must be patient, and it is also true that one must forgive. However, everything needs to be balanced, and responsibility for one’s self-esteem needs to be taken.
- Loves that last until the end of life are not limited to tolerating the other, remaining silent, and pretending. That doesn’t mean you hide your dissatisfaction with various things and then complain about them later at home. This is not healthy and is not good for your mental well-being.
- A positive and lasting relationship means that you know how to build and create bridges. You can reach an agreement, find things together, and care about each other every single day. That means you won’t go to bed angry, but excited the next day so you can continue this project you’ve shared with another person.
Genuine caring for another person
Couples go through several different stages, and crises are not excluded from these episodes. The relationship includes work, family, and other problems, and times when you’re in the same boring routine from day to day.
- True love lasts until the end of life as it faces the personal problems of the parties. In this case, there is genuine understanding and mutual caring.
- You don’t always look for your own well-being, your ego is broken down – not for the benefit of another person, but for the benefit of both.
- If there is no caring or interest in the other person in the relationship, and there is no authenticity and sincerity, this connection will slowly begin to break. You die out of a desire for affection and respect.
The magic of working together
Above all, happy couples are an awesome team. The parties are slowly honing their differences, and this is not about giving up or tolerating another person, but about clear and mutual respect.
- One thing that brings you closer to each other every day is the pleasure of doing things together. You get up together, go to sleep together, laugh together and have fun together.
- If you understand each other and show a clear desire to share things, space, and projects, you will grow old together with more tender feelings.
- One thing you should remember is growth. Doing things together means continuing to experience together and starting new projects together. This will help you discover new things from each other, and you can strengthen your connection even more.
- Traveling together, going out with new friends, and allowing each other’s own hobbies and projects promote personal and shared growth for the couple.
I don’t know if you yourself feel any kind of elderly couple that you feel great admiration for, because you can still see true love in their eyes. This love has survived despite the years rolling.
No doubt it is the case that these people have gone through many difficult times and crises, but they have been fighting each other and their relationship. They know that love needs to be built, and that it is an investment. Above all, however, these people really care about each other.