There are many types of headaches, ranging from a typical tension headache to a debilitating migraine. In this article, we present amazing natural treatments to relieve headaches.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), headaches or tension in the head are the most common nervous system problems that we still do not know very well today and are not always treated properly.
The most common headache of all is tension headache. It occurs due to the force exerted by the muscles of the arm, neck, scalp or chin. They are usually associated with stress, depression, or anxiety.
You may be prone to this type of headache if:
- You work too much.
- You are not getting enough sleep.
- You add salt to your food.
- You drink alcohol.
Not all headaches require medical treatment. Sometimes, however, they can be an indication of some more serious health problem. Talk to your doctor if you suffer from a sudden or severe headache.
You should seek treatment immediately if:
- You get a headache after hitting your head.
- You will experience stiffness in your neck, fever, confusion, loss of consciousness, or pain in your eyes or inner ear.
Headaches are caused by many different things. Find out the cause of the headache before taking any natural remedies or pills, and if the pain is very regular, it is recommended to see a doctor.
Next, we’ll introduce you to a few economical and effective natural treatments for headaches that you can do at home.
Natural treatments to relieve headaches
Ginger has the property of inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, i.e. substances that cause the appearance of pain. You can enjoy up to 10 g of ginger daily.
You can replace the headache medicine with this and you will not suffer any side effects. This is worth a try and you will notice how it works for you.
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 125 ml of water
- Heat the water in a saucepan for three minutes.
- When the water has warmed, add the ginger and let it simmer for two minutes.
- Drink warm to get the best effect.
Aromatherapy is another interesting way worth trying to relieve headaches. Essential oils bring relief to pain, help with blood circulation and reduce stress.
They also have thousands of other health benefits and stimulate your immune system instead of wreaking havoc on your vital organs.
- 1 tablespoon of essential oil of your choice
- 250 ml of water
- 2 cloths for wetting
- Pour water and essential oil into a saucepan.
- Keep the kettle on low heat for three minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and moisten the cloths with it.
- Put them on your forehead and neck and leave on for 20-30 minutes.
Field sauna tea
These dried flowers can be found in health food stores. This plant is known to be a good help for migraines and headaches.
Thanks to its essential oils, alpha-pinene, borneol, lactone, phytosterol list and tannins, it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that is very similar to painkillers. It is a good sedative and can be taken once or twice a day.
Note: if you are pregnant or using a blood thinner, it is not recommended to use this tea.
- 1 teaspoon field sauna
- 250 ml of water
- Pour water and a teaspoon of the field sauna into the pot and put on the stove to warm up.
- When the water starts to boil, remove it from the stove and let it withdraw.
- It is recommended to drink it warm for best results.
We already know that chamomile is one of the most widely used medicinal plants, due to its many useful properties. One of its therapeutic uses is to relieve headaches.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chamomile
- 1 lemon juice
- 250 ml of water
- Pour water and chamomile into a saucepan.
- Heat on low heat for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to set.
- Add the lemon when it’s time to serve.
- Drink warm.
If the pain is chronic, this can help
Taking vitamin B2
When we talk about vitamin B2, we are referring to riboflavin, which is found in most leafy green vegetables, eggs, nuts, and whole flour.
There are many people who suffer from magnesium deficiency and have little of this vitamin. It causes muscle pain, cramps, eye problems, acne and of course headaches.
If you find yourself suffering from chronic fatigue, your nails break easily, your hair is brittle, you have a lot of inflammation and constant headaches, try to improve your diet.
Just like with many pains, controlling their triggers is also a fantastic method of treating tension headaches and migraines. So keep the following in mind:
- Avoid dairy products, wine, cheese and heavily seasoned foods.
- Manage your stressors.
- Keep in mind that hormonal changes always act as triggers. So you should be prepared during your menstrual cycle.
- Try to live a relaxing life, drink enough fluids, don’t overload yourself and avoid the foods mentioned earlier.
- Strong odors, lights, smoke and heat or radical temperature changes also often cause headaches.
We ask you to share your thoughts on these treatments and try them out. That way, you can live the healthiest life possible, where the worry of a headache is far away.