One of the most important things in your life is that you can be happy with yourself. What does this mean? How is it possible?
When you feel happy or comfortable with yourself, you can live fully in the present moment and look to the future with optimism as well as hope. In other words, you are in balance with life.
On the contrary, if you do not learn to love yourself, forgive yourself, or accept yourself, it will lead to fears, anxiety, and worry.
So how can you be happy with yourself? Follow the instructions below! When you do that, you start to see things from a different perspective, a perspective of self-love.
You CAN be happy with yourself
Being happy with yourself can mean something different to each individual because everyone’s path to happiness is different. However, we can all make decisions that allow us to live in harmony. The meaning of happiness is complex. Some authors describe it like this:
We can confirm that each person follows a different path because we are all unique. The thinker Antonio Pérez Esclarín stated that:
From this we can conclude that we are all unique beings and each of us has our own path to happiness.
Guidelines to help you be happy with yourself
We need to start by highlighting some mistakes that will prevent you from achieving happiness. These are:
- Ignoring the present. In doing so, you focus on the past or things as well as people who are no longer a part of your life. So you don’t fully enjoy or take advantage of the opportunities that each new day brings.
- Restrictive beliefs. For example, “life is hard,” “I can’t change,” or “this is hard for me,” among other cognitive distortions.
- You don’t enjoy what you do. This happens when you don’t like your job or when you work so hard that you don’t have time to relax and connect with nature as well as yourself.
- Staying in the same place or with the same person out of habit and fear of the unknown.
- Postponing your dreams, maybe because of someone else.
In addition to these mistakes, there are other things that can prevent you from being happy with yourself. Below you can see what you can do about it.
- Let go of your fears and Practice detachment. Feeling overly attached to material things or people can lead to anxiety and affect your well-being.
- Recognize you are your home. So your “home” is not a physical place like the house where you live or the building where you work. If you understand this, you will feel peace anywhere.
- Respect yourself. Don’t pamper others just to make them feel happy. You have to respect your own limits.
- Forgive your mistake because you are not perfect. In fact, no one is! We all make mistakes. Therefore, forgiving oneself is key.
- Spoil yourself. Reward your achievements, your small goals that you achieve every day. Eat ice cream, buy a book, go to town. Allow yourself to be happy.
- Don’t postpone your projects. The right time is now! Don’t stop following your goals to help another person achieve their dreams. You are your main project and investment. If you continue to postpone your dreams, you will eventually feel frustrated when you realize how much you could have achieved if you had simply overcome your fears.
- Talk about yourself in the best way possible. Avoid being too harsh on yourself. Talk to others about your features. If you are compassionate and generous to yourself, you will feel at ease.
- Choose your social circles well. Avoid surrounding yourself with toxic people or complainants. Only surround yourself with people who convey positive emotions and make you feel excited.
- Decorate your space. Use any decorative element you want to make you feel comfortable at home. While happiness doesn’t depend on physical structures, keeping your home tidy can help you feel calm. Colors are also important because they transmit energy.
- Adopt a positive attitude. Get rid of anger and bitterness and avoid taking things in person. Remember, we all reflect our inner emotional states. So some of the things people say to you are just reflections of you.
Are you still struggling?
If you have violated your self-esteem, follow these instructions. They will help you see that you can be happy with yourself without being dependent on anyone!
You will also start making important decisions that are sure to change the direction of your life.