We want to show you one healthy breakfast option for those who crave the first meal of the day for strength and plenty of nutrients. This is an energizing breakfast that does not contain milk, flour or added sugar.
Check out this breakfast to help you start your day energetically and in good spirits.
The importance of an energizing breakfast
Many people who want to start their day energetically usually resort to coffee.
But while coffee rapidly stimulates metabolism, its effects are not long-lasting. It also does not provide enough nutrients to start the day.
If you choose an energy-rich breakfast, you get several health benefits:
- You’ll feel fuller all morning, and you won’t have to nibble on anything else.
- You can allow yourself some thoughts during the day without suffering from nutrient deficiencies, as this breakfast is quite nutritionally full.
- It boosts your metabolism in a healthy way. So you can burn calories more easily.
- You promote bowel movements.
What does this energizing breakfast consist of
Below we show you the properties of this nutritious breakfast.
Nuts are high in protein, fiber, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. So they provide a lot of energy. They also give satiety.
Dried fruits are high in fructose and fiber. The best of these are, for example, prunes, raisins and dates. In addition, they promote bowel movements and eliminate cravings.
Seeds are super nutritious food. Despite their small size, they are rich in nutrients. They are a great addition to all kinds of recipes, like this nutritious breakfast.
Coconut oil is a common ingredient in healthy recipes that are now popular.
It is a healthy fat that can be eaten in moderation. While this may seem impossible, coconut oil helps burn more calories and get rid of belly fat.
Coconut oil has a good taste and creamy texture. By eating it, you can also forget about other fats that are harmful to your health and gain weight.
Coconut oil also has the benefit of allowing it to solidify foods by putting them in the cold. This makes it possible to make all kinds of pastries and sweets.
Raw, bitter cocoa is a medicinal food. It can be eaten regularly unlike chocolate, which usually contains a lot of sugar.
Cocoa provides energy, promotes muscle health and brings a sense of well-being.
It is also an effective antioxidant, meaning it fights the harms caused by free radicals both internally and externally.
Honey is a natural sweetener. In addition, it is a highly energy-rich food with antibiotic and mineralizing properties. Honey also helps solidify this breakfast, making it easier to eat.
We recommend choosing organic honey.
An energetic breakfast
To prepare this energy-rich breakfast for several days, you will need the following ingredients.
- 7.5 dl chopped nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts)
- 2.5 dl dried fruits (raisins, plums, dates)
- 2.5 dl seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, flax, chia)
- 1.25 dl of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1.25 dl of genuine (unsweetened) cocoa powder
- 1.25 dl of honey
- First, mix the chopped nuts, dried fruits and seeds in a bowl.
- Then mix honey and coconut oil in another bowl. If they are too stiff, heat them more liquid in a water bath. Afterwards, add the cocoa powder.
- Mix the contents of the two bowls together.
- When everything is well mixed, spread the mixture in a pan and place the pan in the refrigerator.
- After an hour, a kind of solidified layer of nuts and seeds has formed in the pan, which you can cut into smaller bars.
- Keep the bars in the refrigerator until you eat, as the coconut oil melts above 23 degrees Celsius.