Did you know that Spanish salmorejo soup is effective in preventing colon cancer and is also helpful in combating the side effects of chemotherapy?
Salmorejo soup is a very healthy soup made mainly from vegetables. It is an essential dish for those who want to take care of their health themselves.
In addition, this soup is easy to prepare and stays good for several days. So it’s a great option for those who don’t like cooking or don’t have very much time for that.
Sometimes you not only want to cook healthy food, but you are looking for something that is quick and easy to prepare. This is perhaps due to the stringency of work and family requirements or other problems.
According to a recent study, the ingredients in salmorejo are very useful if you want to reduce your risk of colon cancer:
- Tomatoes contain compounds that inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- When these chemicals, lycopenes, come into contact with olive oil, their effects intensify.
- If this doesn’t convince you yet, the other ingredients added to this soup will improve your resistance. This helps create a wall against mutations caused by cancer.
Despite the benefits of that soup, many do not know how to make it. You may have heard that salmorejo is very similar to gazpacho. However, it has a very special composition.
So this time we want to tell you how you can easily make this delicious and nutritious salmorejo soup.
The recipe we present in this article is for two servings. So depending on how many people are at dinner, it’s a good idea to calculate the amount of ingredients with this in mind.
- 3 tomatoes
- 120 ml of olive oil
- 1 slice of hard bread
- 1 clove of garlic (you can add more if you want a stronger taste)
- Add salt to taste)
Note that you should always use sea salt. This is because it has no negative effects of iodized salt.
How is salmorejo prepared?
1. Chisel the tomatoes
This step isn’t as complicated as it sounds if you follow these steps:
- Bring some water to a boil, and then take a large bowl full of ice-cold water.
- Put an X on the bottom of each tomato with a knife.
- When the water starts to boil, put the tomatoes in the water for one minute.
- Then take them out and put to cool in cold water.
This way you can peel them much easier.
2. Prepare the bread
Take the hard bread and break it into pieces, and place the pieces on the bottom of the container. If you want, you can use a bread pan. The bread used in this recipe should be hard.
3. Add the tomatoes
- Then go back to the tomatoes and slice them.
- Then place them on top of the bread and add the salt.
- Leave the tomatoes to drain for half an hour. This way the bread will absorb their taste.
4. Chop the garlic
Since it is not heated in this case, some want to remove the center of the garlic so that it does not become tart.
Keeping in mind the properties of this product, we recommend using the whole garlic clove. However, you are the best connoisseur of your own taste, and you can make the right choice for yourself here.
4. Add the olive oil and place the ingredients in a blender
After half an hour, pour the olive oil, garlic and bread and tomato mixture into the blender. Then mix all the ingredients.
While the mixture will be thick, it is also important that it has a subtle and delicate texture. When mixing the ingredients, taste the soup to make sure there is enough salt and garlic. At this point, it is necessary to balance all the ingredients to get a soup that is sure to please.
5. Allow the soup to cool
Once you’ve got the texture and flavor you want, it’s time to put the soup in the fridge for a few hours.
The idea is that this soup would be very cool. The amount of time spent cooling down depends on your own refrigerator.
If you want to season the soup, you can add ham and hard-boiled egg, for example.
As you can see, this is a very easy recipe. In addition, the ingredients are very readily available and inexpensive.
In addition to getting a good supplement from this soup to reduce the risk of colon cancer, it is also a good treatment to improve low resistance with chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Contact salmorejo soup into your diet, and you can most natural and most delicious ways to improve your health – try the recipe and enjoy!