Many of us don’t think much about our kidneys or their condition – especially if they don’t have any symptoms. Cleaning and keeping your kidneys healthy is really important, as many diseases are caused by the urinary system. The kidneys cleanse the body and keep it healthy, and every now and then it is a good idea to perform a kidney cleansing.
Symptom of eggs and the need for cleansing
The following symptoms may be a sign of kidney distress and the need for cleansing: high or low blood pressure, pain in the lower abdomen, dark urine, constant feeling of thirst, back pain above the waist, and constant resting in the toilet at night. If you suffer from these symptoms, it may mean that your urinary system is not working normally.
Other symptoms include a decrease in urination to less than half a liter per day, pressure in the bladder, pain when urinating, swelling of the ankles at night, swollen eyes in the morning, sudden bruising, and bleeding without visible injury.
If you have been diagnosed with kidney stones or urinary stones, it is high time to clean your kidneys.
How can I prevent kidney imbalance?
- A healthy diet is a prerequisite for the accumulation of toxins and harmful substances in the body with poor quality food. The ingredients penetrate the bloodstream and are not excreted in the urine. Prefer organic and avoid additives and highly processed food.
- Kidney problems, such as kidney stones, can be prevented by avoiding excessive salt intake and processed foods such as frozen meals and baked goods.
- Avoid excessive use of dairy products, leave out less cheeses and yogurts, and especially milk.
- Reduce the amount of animal protein you eat and replace the red meat with eggs. This promotes the passage of calcium in the urine and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- Avoid alcohol and sugary drinks such as juices and soda. These eliminate calcium from the urine.
- Try vegetarian diets or switch to using only natural foods that have not been processed. Add homemade vegetable and fruit drinks to your diet, no sweeteners are needed, as fruits and carrots, for example, are naturally sweet.
- Focus on eating lots of foods that speed up urine output. For example, oranges, grapes, lemon, grapefruit, celery, carrot, cucumber, apple, watermelon, cantaloupe, lettuce, fresh plums and peaches are suitable for this.
- Avoid the use of painkillers as much as possible, omit aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.
- Drink plenty of water every day (two liters in winter and three liters in summer) so that your urine is almost colorless or pale yellow. However, do not exceed the recommended amount of water, as this in turn strains the kidneys.
Renal cleansing (3-day course)
No cleansing course is a miracle cure, and even this course cannot promise fully cleansed kidneys in 72 hours, but at least it will help you in the right direction. First, you should avoid coffee, alcohol, soda, salt, and high-protein foods throughout the three days. The above substances irritate the kidneys and interfere with the excretion of toxins through the urinary tract. Replace coffee and soda with water, and eat flaxseed, sunflower seeds and almonds instead of meat.
Start each day of the regimen with breakfast, which includes a glass of blueberry juice. You can make the juice yourself and it is also available on health food shelves. Blueberry juice reduces the amount of calcium that builds up in the bladder. Excess calcium slows kidney function and toxins are not removed from the body in the normal way. Blueberry juice also prevents urinary tract infections and the formation of painful kidney stones.
In the morning, enjoy a glass of juice rich in potassium. Potassium cleanses the body and keeps energy levels high for three days. You can make the juice yourself from carrots, celery, parsley and spinach. The drink also serves as a smoothie.
For half a day, drink a glass of liquid leafy green (look for this in health stores or online). Leaf green is literally a green substance that gives plants their green hue. You can also grow the grass yourself indoors in a flowerpot, mow the grass stems and mix in a blender with water. Leaf green enhances the functioning of the defense system and cleanses the blood, not to mention many other positive effects.
Between lunch and dinner, drink a glass of tea made from watermelon seeds. This tea accelerates urinary excretion and metabolism, which helps activate kidney and bladder function. It also enhances digestion and intestinal function.
For dinner, drink carrot juice or blueberry juice.
In addition to these drinks, you should eat normal meals while avoiding meat and wheat. Eat what you want, but prefer organic products, vegetables, nuts and fruits.
Before going to bed you can make tea from mint leaves or dandelion. Put a few mint leaves or dandelion on the bottom of the mug and pour over boiling water. Let simmer for a few minutes, Strain and sweeten with honey, for example, before eating. Both dandelion and mint naturally cleanse the body and facilitate digestion in the evening.
Don’t forget to exercise during the course. You should engage in some physically strenuous activity during these three days. Go to the weight room or group exercise classes, do yoga, go for a jog, swim or bike – do exactly what you enjoy the most. Walk for at least half an hour each day to improve kidney function. We recommend a hard sauna, as sweating effectively removes toxins. Also try a hot and relaxing bath.
Also remember proper stretching every morning and evening, stretching activates the body and increases energy. You can find good instructions on the internet for doing different stretching movements, and you are sure to find the right movements for you, no matter how stiff or flexible.