Many use artichokes to stay healthy and control their weight. Indeed, this awesome plant has become popular due to its nutritional properties. How can artichoke help with weight management?
Artichoke, scientifically called Cynara scolymus L , has always been part of food cultures because it is easy to prepare and combine with many other ingredients. In addition, it is a great natural treatment as it helps to prevent and treat certain ailments.
Most interestingly, it is very low in calories and contains fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Thus, artichoke can help with weight management both in its natural form and as extracts, without any health risks.
These artichoke properties are good to know
Thanks to the inulin, flavonoids and minerals it contains, artichoke is a very nutritious food that has been valued since ancient times. Eating it regularly contributes to meeting the body’s nutritional requirements, which in turn benefits the metabolism.
It also contains synarin and luteolin, which help improve liver function, thus promoting fat breakdown. Artichoke is also a natural diuretic that facilitates the removal of fluids accumulated in the tissues.
The vitamin A and C content of artichoke enhances resistance and prevents some of the harmful effects of low-grade inflammation and oxidation. Artichoke is also high in fiber, meaning it improves bowel movements and reduces the risk of constipation.
The benefits of artichoke
The benefits of artichoke stand out in favor of many other natural ingredients. Although artichoke is preferred for its weight management properties, it has other benefits worth mentioning:
- It suppresses appetite.
- It fights liver problems, including jaundice and fatty liver.
- It reduces the risk of gallstones and helps treat them.
- It reduces the symptoms of food allergies due to its regenerative ability to pay.
- It lowers high cholesterol and triglycerides.
- It is an effective diuretic that reduces fluid swelling.
- It regulates the body’s minerals and reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
- It facilitates the removal of excess uric acid in gout.
- It fights constipation.
- It improves metabolic functions and reduces the risk of overweight and diabetes.
How can artichoke help with weight management?
Many diets recommend eating artichoke to promote fat burning. This is due to its ability to improve liver and metabolic functions, which has a direct effect on weight loss.
Artichoke should be eaten in all kinds of diets as it is a very low calorie diet. It also prolongs the feeling of satiety and helps get rid of unnecessary fluids and toxins.
In this way, artichoke can help with weight management and improve health
Artichoke can be made in many different ways to take advantage of its properties. But the traditional way to make it to help with weight management is artichoke tea, which is drunk several times a day. This tea, among other things, nourishes the intestinal bacterial population.
- 1 large artichoke
- 1 liter of water
- one lemon juice
- Choose a fresh artichoke and chop it into several pieces.
- Put water and chopped artichoke in a saucepan over high heat.
- When the water boils, lower the temperature and wait until the artichoke softens.
- Let the tea simmer and then strain it.
That’s how you drink it
- Drink one cup of artichoke tea on an empty stomach and 3-4 more cups throughout the day.
- Repeat at least three times a week.
Note: You can use cooked artichoke pieces in another recipe. Add a little olive oil and salt and enjoy dinner!
Possible side effects of artichoke
Although artichoke has many benefits, it can also cause some side effects when used excessively or in special cases where its compounds react adversely:
- It can cause flatulence and bloating due to the high fiber content.
- It is not recommended for nursing mothers.
- Artichoke should not be used for biliary obstruction due to its effects on the gallbladder.
- Avoid artichokes if you are taking medicines for high blood pressure or heart. In this or any other special case, it is best to ask your doctor first.
Would you be interested in trying artichokes yourself? Definitely worth eating this vegetable regularly! You will begin to notice its effects on your health quickly.