Magifera indica , or mango, comes from the tropics. Now, however, it has made its way to every corner of the world. Read more about the many health benefits of mango.
There are few flavors that are as exciting, energizing and appetizing as mangoes. They have a soft texture and an attractive color.
There are several different grades of mango, but they all have one thing in common: they have dense fruit flesh and a large seed in the middle. And they all have endless benefits to your health.
Mangoes are more than just one ingredient to add to your smoothies, desserts or salads. It is one of the most eaten and healthiest fruits in the world.
Today we want to give you seven good reasons to eat mangoes every day. Try eating mango today!
1. Eating mango lowers your blood pressure
Half a mango a day can help your health greatly. Mangoes contain potassium and magnesium. These are two minerals that are very helpful in balancing blood pressure.
This awesome fruit also contains vitamins such as riboflavin, vitamins B6, A, C, and K, as well as folic acid. These help with the heart rhythm and get both nutrients and oxygen to every part of your body.
However, make sure you eat a balanced diet anyway.
2. Mango prevents fundus degeneration
Depression of the fundus is a common eye disease that particularly affects the elderly. It causes blurred vision and focusing on small things takes more energy.
Mangoes contain zeaxanthin, an eye-protecting antioxidant. It works especially against sun damage and eye diseases associated with aging.
Be sure to eat a large bowl of different fruits daily, including mangoes. If you do, your eyesight and general health will thank you!
3. It improves your digestion
Eating mango every day can even help your digestion. This is especially true if you suffer from indigestion and heartburn.
This fruit has digestive enzymes that do two things: they promote the absorption of food and keep your gut regular.
At the same time, mangoes are high in bioactive compounds. These include esters, terpenes and aldehydes. These contribute to a more efficient digestive system .
4. You should eat mangoes if you suffer from anemia
Suffering from iron deficiency anemia is a common ailment for women. Heavy menstruation is often one of the reasons.
- If you find that you suffer from anemia, remember this easy piece of advice: eat mangoes regularly as it will increase your red blood cell count.
- Their high vitamin C content also helps us “balance” our iron levels.
- Nutritionists often recommend eating mangoes while pregnant. This is because they will give you the extra dose of iron you need.
- At the same time, they also provide folic acid. This is very important for fetal development during pregnancy.
5. Mangoes help with bone health
Vitamin K is a nutrient to which we do not pay enough attention. However, it is invaluable. This is because it helps strengthen our bones. It also helps increase blood clotting.
If we are deficient in vitamin K, we have a higher risk of breaking our bones, such as our hips.
We can fight this problem by eating mango a day. This is because they are very high in vitamin K, which is vital to help with calcium absorption.
6. Mangoes help with brain health
Mangoes contain large amounts of vitamin B6. This nutrient is vital for maintaining and developing our brains.
It’s easy to see the results. This vitamin encourages connections between neurons. It also helps with insomnia.
Vitamin B6 also improves memory, concentration and blood circulation in our brain.
7. Mangoes strengthen our defense mechanisms
Mangoes and carrots have several similarities. Both are beta-carotene-containing, which is a powerful antioxidant. It is also the source of the orange or yellow color of these foods.
It is also very healthy:
- Beta-carotenes are great allies when it comes to immune system health.
- They help us protect ourselves from the bacteria and toxins that surround us every day.
Drinking mango carrot smoothies regularly is a great idea. It gives you a large amount of vitamin A. Vitamin A protects us from free radicals that can damage our tissues. If ignored, they can cause premature aging.
These are just a few reasons why mangoes are such a great addition to our diet.
Mangoes are not only delicious, but they also offer well-being and a feeling of fullness. They can even improve our quality of life and take care of our health.
How can you resist mangoes anymore?