Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be missed. On the contrary, when you invest in a healthy breakfast , you can be sure that your day will start energetically and you will endure until lunch without tiring. In this article, we’ll tell you about five foods that are a great breakfast tip and that are worth having as part of a healthy breakfast. You will notice the difference in your condition after just a few days!
Some of us enjoy a rich and varied breakfast, while others do not taste the food after sleep in the morning. Find a suitable way for yourself to enjoy breakfast, be it porridge or lighter yogurt, as long as you eat something in the morning that awakens your body and mind, makes digestion work and gives energy to the first hours and challenges of the day.
Exclude sugary cereals, sweetened yogurt, sugary juices and fatty sausages. Instead, focus on good-quality ingredients that don’t swell your stomach and cause your blood sugar to collapse just moments after eating.
We focus on five different substances that are good for the body. When you eat these foods for just a few days, you will notice a difference to the former and want to continue on the same path.
1. Breakfast tip: whole grains
Exclude the lightest toast and baguette from the election, they are very low in nutrients and will not keep you full for more than half an hour. In the mornings, you should enjoy good quality fiber that keeps your blood sugar even and your stomach healthy. Whole grain contains vitamins, minerals and the good fiber mentioned above. Even though sugar cereals are not part of the new breakfast routine, you can still eat without worry, for example:
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal relaxes the central nervous system, contains a lot of fiber and facilitates digestive function. The stomach stays satisfied and does not start on shoes during the day. Mix oatmeal with milk and a small amount of honey, chop on top of a banana or sprinkle with a handful of strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. There are endless combinations of flavors and you can make oatmeal just as tasty as you want.
- Whole grain rice or dark rice. Although rice is usually included with main meals, it can also be eaten with breakfast cooked in milk or even as a rice drink with added lime and cinnamon to bring flavor. The rice milk drink is a delicious start to the day and should be served cold. Use your imagination and try different recipes.
- Corn. Many countries eat corn for breakfast, try and be surprised!
2. Breakfast tip: fruit
The fruit is suitable for any time of the day and especially in the morning the fruit tastes wonderfully fresh and sweet. The fructose and bitterness contained in the fruit awakens the senses to a new day. You can enjoy the fruit on its own, squeezed into fresh juice, jam or dried. Here are a few examples:
- Citrus. Pomelo, orange and grapefruit are a great addition to the breakfast table. Squeeze them into juice or enjoy sliced, they give you a lot of energy and vitamin C.
- Figs are especially suitable for overcoming stress. Enjoy fresh or dried during the busy stages of life.
- The pear is full of silicon, which is good for skin, hair and nails.
- Apples are rich in malic acid and tartaric acid, which help the body fight many infectious diseases and ailments. They also protect teeth from caries.
- Papaya is especially suitable for those who suffer from digestive problems. Peel a papaya, remove the seeds and chop – enjoy by itself, as part of a fruit salad or among yogurt .
- Pineapple contains digestive enzymes and has a bactericidal effect.
- Banana is a very nutritious and filling fruit that contains e.g. magnesium. Magnesium supports muscle and nervous system function.
- Dried fruits are high in fiber and energy. Remember that dried fruits contain more calories than fresh fruits and should not be eaten a couple more than a handful at a time.
3. Breakfast tip: nuts
Nuts are actually classified as fruit because they are botanically dry, unopened fruit. Nuts are rich in healthy fatty acids that are good for the body. Nuts give you healthy energy and fiber. We recommend eating the nuts raw or lightly roasted without oil. Avoid roasted, salted and candied nuts as they will lose much of their health during the processing process.
We especially recommend the following nut qualities:
- Pine nuts
4. Dairy protein
Many dairy products are ideal for breakfast because you get a lot of protein from dairy products. For example, unflavoured yogurt, cheese and cottage cheese fit on the breakfast table. Cottage cheese can be eaten with porridge or fruit. If you are unable to eat dairy products due to, for example, lactose intolerance or a vegan diet, replace them with, for example, boiled eggs or plant-based products such as soy.
5. Nature’s own sweeteners
If you crave sweeteners for your breakfast, such as unflavoured yogurt, avoid white sugar. Sugar makes blood sugar levels toss and makes the mind unstable. Replace white sugar with honey or agave syrup. Sweeten with these porridges and yogurts.