Candida and the oncology mycomycosis it causes is the most common nail fungus, which occurs more often in the feet than in the hands. Usually we pay less attention to washing our feet as they are usually hidden.
In this article, we will tell you a little more about this ailment, its causes and symptoms. We also distribute natural treatments to expel nail fungus.
Nail fungus symptoms
Although nail fungus is typically treated for aesthetic reasons, when advanced, it can cause chronic pain that can be difficult to treat. Early diagnosis is worthwhile so that the fungus can be eradicated permanently.
Although the most typical symptom of nail fungus is not pain, in the advanced stage it is the main symptom, in which case the following nail symptoms are also common:
- Darkening or yellowing
- Bad smell
- Fragility and breakage
These changes most commonly occur in the part of the nail where the nail connects to the skin. For the most part, a white spot can be seen on the nail, which begins to grow over time.
A nail fungus is caused by a fungus called Candida albicans . It grips in direct contact, so it is most typically obtained in the following ways:
- Walking barefoot in public places.
- Going to a nail salon without your own tools and using tools used by other people.
- Footwear that causes sweating of the feet promotes the spread of bacteria easily.
- If you don’t dry your feet well and you have long nails, water can get stuck in them.
- Weak resistance and stress.
One important point is that when the immune system is weakened, the nail fungus can spread more easily, making it expand significantly and more difficult to treat.
It must also be borne in mind that if any ailment or illness goes untreated, it can lead to bigger problems later on. It would therefore be ideal to pay attention to the first signs.
Essential oils in the treatment of nail fungus
1. Tea tree oil
Known for its antibacterial and fungicidal properties, tea tree oil is a solution for nail fungus on feet and hands. Its effectiveness can be compared to many nail fungus products sold in stores.
It cures infected nails in a few days.
- Put 2-3 drops of tea tree oil on the nail that requires care and rub it until it is completely absorbed.
- It is recommended to repeat this 2 times a day until the fungus is gone.
2. Oregano essential oil
The extracts contained in Oregano essential oil have incredibly effective Candida fungicidal properties. The use of oil makes the nails look healthy and renewed again.
- Put 3 drops of oregano oil on the nail that requires care.
- Rub it on your nails well so that it is properly absorbed, and then let it dry.
- Use twice a day until you notice an improvement.
3. Thyme essential oil
Thyme stands out because of its thymol content, as thymol has powerful antimicrobial and fungicidal properties that are effective against nail fungus and make nails look healthy again.
- Put 3 drops of thyme oil on the areas to be treated.
- Apply the oil well on the nail so that it is properly absorbed, and then allow to dry.
- Use two to three times a day until you see results.
4. Cinnamon essential oil
Cinnamon essential oil kills Candida nail fungus very effectively. It is rich in eugenol, a very potent fungicidal chemical compound. It keeps the nail area dry, which prevents the fungus from spreading.
- Put 3-4 drops of cinnamon oil on the infected nail.
- Apply it to the nail so that it is well absorbed and allow to dry.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day. This oil is very useful if you sweat a lot from your feet.
5. Clove essential oil
Just like cinnamon essential oil, cloves and its essential oil contain a lot of eugenol with antiseptic and fungicidal properties. They even fit their leg bridles.
- Put 3 drops of clove oil on the nail that requires care.
- Apply the oil evenly on the surface of the nail so that it is well absorbed and allow to dry.
- Use 2-3 times a day until you see results.
Remember that there are many ways to prevent nail fungus. Maintain good hygiene and avoid contact with areas where they are transported barefoot, especially if they are wet. Don’t miss out on these essential oils, they are a lot of help.