If lipstick becomes unusable because it breaks or melts due to heat, for example, it should not be thrown away. In order to make use of a damaged lipstick, or one whose shade you no longer like, you should take good advice on the perimeter.
Now, we’re giving you three good tricks to get your damaged lipstick put to good use.
This will repair the damaged lipstick
Before we tell you about repair tips, we want to give you a few tips so you can prevent lipstick spoilage in the future. Sometimes damage happens, but sometimes makeup is ruined due to carelessness or ignorance.
Keep the following in mind:
- Do not expose the entire lipstick stick when applying red to your lips – a cent is enough.
- Be careful that the cap does not touch the red and break it.
- Avoid leaving lipstick in hot places. Most often, lipstick is made from wax, in which case it can melt.
- Dropping can also damage lipstick.
Let’s then look at ways to conveniently get damaged lipstick ready for use.
1. Correcting Duplicate Lipstick
This method is great when lipstick breaks. If the second part is very small, repair can be difficult, but the method is easy even if it requires patience.
The heat melts the ends so that the two pieces can be joined together and so that they stay together after cooling.
- 1 candle
- A small wooden stick
- Light a candle and turn the lipstick fully out.
- Place the cut surfaces of the two parts of the broken lipstick over the candle flame, but do not burn the surface. When the surfaces melt just a little, take the pieces away from the flame.
- Join the pieces together using only enough pressure to bond them firmly together.
- Smooth the surface of the stick with a wooden stick to create a neat looking lipstick.
- Put the stick in the refrigerator for at least an hour to allow it to solidify.
2. Repair of melted lipstick
If you forgot your makeup bag in the car on a hot day, or even near a stove or in the sun, it is very likely that your lipstick has melted. The wax in Red does not withstand high temperatures.
However, it is quite possible to get lipstick in shape and without changing its color and texture.
If the lipstick is still in its sleeve, just put it in the fridge for at least an hour to allow it to solidify again. If the lipstick is deformed but still in its sleeve, shape it with a stick so that you get it back in shape, and then put it in the refrigerator. If the lipstick has just spilled, you can put it in a small jar, a jar in the fridge, and from now on you can take lipstick with a little wolf from that new jar.
3. Using old lipstick to make lip gloss
Dull lipstick should not be thrown away, as it can easily be used to make lip gloss.
- A metal container that fits loosely into the boiler
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- Peeling knife
- 2 tablespoons Vaseline
- A small clean container
- Fill the boiler in half.
- Boil water and reduce heat.
- Grate the beeswax with a peeler and place the flakes in a small container.
- Add Vaseline and mix the ingredients into a smooth mixture.
- Add lipstick (the amount depends on what color you want to bring to your lip gloss).
- Mix the ingredients until the mixture melts.
- Put the mixture in a small container and let it cool.
Did you know that damaged lipstick can be revived? With these tips, you’ll never have to throw lipstick in the trash in vain. Try it at home!