One of the challenges for people who love sweet flavors and combinations of different compositions is to eat well without gaining weight. However, guarding the lines doesn’t mean you could never enjoy dessert again. Keep reading, and learn how to prepare three delicious low-calorie desserts!
Can a delicious dessert be made lean?
Desserts are ideal for birthday parties, gatherings or just to make a difference in your daily diet, but especially on public holidays. For example, at Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year, delicacy can leave annoying extra pounds behind.
However, there are some ways to enjoy desserts without gaining weight. So you don’t have to give up on post-meal treats altogether. Learn how to make a delicious dessert without worrying about calories!
Prepare the desserts yourself
The best way to ensure that the dessert does not contain wildly high calories is to prepare it yourself. This way you can be sure that nothing artificial has been added to it to improve the taste. Namely, sometimes unhealthy fat is added to a dessert during its preparation.
Homemade desserts can also use fresh ingredients such as fruit, which retains their inherent properties. The same goes for fats, as oil is not usually reused in the home kitchen.
Replacing unhealthy ingredients with healthier ones
This is one of the key issues in making delicious desserts. To keep you from gaining weight, it is always advisable to replace unhealthy ingredients with healthy alternatives. One basic thing is to replace bleached sugar with a natural sweetener, as sugar contains a lot of empty calories.
We also recommend replacing whole milk with skim milk. Also, use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, as the latter has antioxidant properties and fewer calories.
The fruits are sweet and do not contain additives. In addition, some of them contain pectin, which helps thicken the dough. These excellent natural products also have numerous nutrients that help maintain good health. Use them alone or as part of a variety of recipes to give flavor to delicious desserts that don’t fatten.
Fat-free and sugar-free yogurt is also one option for making delicious desserts. It contains calcium and low in calories and promotes the functioning of the digestive system.
Dark cheese delicacy
This is one of the most tempting and least fattening desserts: a cheese delicacy made of dark chocolate.
- 100 grams of dark chocolate with 70% cocoa
- 200 grams of light cream cheese
- 150 grams of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 packet of unflavoured gelatin
- small pans
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Cover the bottom of each pan with a layer of melted chocolate. See that the chocolate spreads evenly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Put cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Mix with a mixer until smooth.
- Soak the gelatin in water according to the instructions on the package. Add it to the mixture made earlier.
- Pour the mixture into small pots.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- You can decorate the dessert with strawberries, bananas or melted chocolate.
- pineapple, half or whole depending on size
- low-fat cottage cheese (200 g)
- 1 fat-free and sugar-free pineapple yogurt
- A sweetener, preferably a liquid
- Pour the cottage cheese into a sieve.
- Mix it with chopped pineapple, yogurt and sweetener.
- Divide the mixture into ice cream bowls.
- Cool until solidified.
Light apple pie
The delicious dessert is also easily prepared from healthy apples. Among the non-fattening desserts is also this wonderful apple pie. It is light and easy to prepare and can be eaten without gaining weight.
- apples (700 g)
- 2 eggs
- brown sugar (90 g)
- lemon peel
- a pinch of salt
- wheat flour (100 g)
- skim milk
- a touch of dry yeast
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180º degrees Celsius.
- Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. Squeeze a few drops of lemon on them.
- Mix eggs, sugar, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Whisk with an electric mixer until smooth and thick.
- Add flour, milk and yeast until everything is well mixed.
- Mix most of the apples with a spoon. Set aside a few slices of apple.
- Grease and spread the flour in a pie pan.
- Pour the mixture into a pan.
- Garnish with the remaining apple slices and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar as a garnish before serving.